Re: [meta-python][RFC] python3-kivy

Martin Jansa

The recipe should have x11 and opengl in REQUIRED_DISTRO_FEATURES as it depends on libsdl2-ttf with such restriction:
https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/?h=master-next&id=c9a07b63e3268e4b8d04c6917d8cd131e019e65c

Now world builds without opengl fail with:
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libsdl2-ttf' (but meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python3-kivy_2.0.0.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
libsdl2-ttf was skipped: missing required distro feature 'opengl' (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python3-kivy-dev' (but meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python3-kivy_2.0.0.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
No eligible RPROVIDERs exist for 'python3-kivy-dev'
NOTE: Runtime target 'python3-kivy-dev' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['python3-kivy-dev']
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python3-kivy' (but meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python3-kivy_2.0.0.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
No eligible RPROVIDERs exist for 'python3-kivy'
NOTE: Runtime target 'python3-kivy' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['python3-kivy']

I can send a patch for this (and similar restriction in packagegroup in master-next https://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/?h=master-next&id=55a8f21bb495c3f7ec726faade6bf61baea7dff0) on Monday unless someone else beats me to it.

On Thu, Aug 26, 2021 at 7:17 PM Khem Raj <raj.khem@...> wrote:

On 8/25/21 8:04 PM, William Huang wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to request for comments on a Kivy recipe. Not sure how I
> should include the recipe but I added it as an attachment for now. I've
> also included a recipe that installs example programs into
> /usr/share/kivy-examples/examples.
>
> I managed to get it running on a Rockchip rk3399 in a X environment, as
> well as on a imx8 in a Wayland environment, although I did need to
> reconfigure libsdl2 to use GLES libraries and remove X11 package in the
> case of the imx8.
>
> Any feedback would be great! Not sure if the recipe would be good enough
> to be included in the meta-python layer as well.

These looks ok on quick look. You could perhaps merge them into a single
recipe and use PACKAGES to separate out examples into its own output
package.

Please format it into a patch and email the patch if you want to
consider it to include into meta-python

Join openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org to automatically receive all group messages.