[oe] [RFC] Removal of e2fsprogs-libs
marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Tue Mar 23 18:01:23 UTC 2010
During last days I spent a bit of time on e2fsprogs* and util-linux-ng
recipes. They are cleaner now but there is still some work to do.
We have many recipes which depends on 'e2fsprogs-libs' when they want
'libblkid' or 'libuuid' which are provided by 'e2fsprogs-libs' and
'util-linux-ng' recipes. I checked how Debian solves that and got into point
where there is no 'e2fsprogs-libs' recipes in my tree and everything is
What needs to be changed?
1. git rm -r recipes/e2fsprogs-libs
2. check each recipe which depends on 'e2fsprogs-libs' which library it really
3. change each recipe which wants 'libblkid' or 'libuuid' to depend on
4. change each recipe which wants 'libcom_err' or 'libss' to depend on
5. add "--with-elf-shlibs" to 'e2fsprogs' to get 'libcom_err' and 'libss'
6. fix packaging of 'e2fsprogs' to get separate packages for libraries.
I can work on that in next days but want to inform everyone that such change
will be done.
JID: hrw at jabber.org
More information about the Openembedded-devel