[oe] [oe-commits] Tom Rini : qemu: Perform our sanity checks based on ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION
tom_rini at mentor.com
Wed Mar 3 16:19:25 UTC 2010
On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 08:34 -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 10:25 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 05:36:39PM +0000, git version control wrote:
> > > Module: openembedded.git
> > > Branch: org.openembedded.dev
> > > Commit: 31e93854259130e20a4e08c9d803c34edc4b447e
> > > URL: http://gitweb.openembedded.net/?p=openembedded.git&a=commit;h=31e93854259130e20a4e08c9d803c34edc4b447e
> > >
> > > Author: Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>
> > > Date: Mon Mar 1 11:18:28 2010 +0000
> > >
> > > qemu: Perform our sanity checks based on ENABLE_BINARY_LOCALE_GENERATION
> > >
> > > if "qemu-native" in assume_provided:
> > > - if not check_app_exists("qemu-arm", e.data):
> > > - messages = messages + "qemu-native was in ASSUME_PROVIDED but the QEMU binaries (qemu-arm) can't be found in PATH"
> > > + required_utilities += "qemu"
> > Hi,
> > You need space before qemu, because it's hard to find following missing
> > utilities: md5sumqemu :).
> > Also I'm not really happy from qemu-arm -> qemu change, as my qemu-kvm
> > built in gentoo with USE flags only for what I need
> > USE="aio -alsa -bluetooth -curl -esd -fdt -gnutls -hardened -kvm-trace -ncurses -pulseaudio -qemu-ifup% -sasl -sdl -static -vde"
> > QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS="arm -cris -i386 -m68k -microblaze -mips -mips64 -mips64el -mipsel -ppc -ppc64 -ppcemb -sh4 -sh4eb -sparc -sparc64 -x86_64"
> > QEMU_USER_TARGETS="arm armeb -alpha -cris -i386 -m68k -microblaze -mips -mipsel -ppc -ppc64 -ppc64abi32 -sh4 -sh4eb -sparc -sparc32plus -sparc64 -x86_64"
> > then qemu binary is not built, but qemu-arm which AFAIK is used for
> > binary locale generation is available.
> Ah, I figured that a 'qemu' was always built, since what we need is a
> test that works for your usecase, except you care about powerpc (or mips
> or ...).
So after a little irc'ing we've got an idea I'm testing and then will
post for comments. glibc/eglibc-package.bbclass have logic to go from
TARGET_ARCH to qemu-%s. I've modified that a bit more to spit out
qemu-whatever (which is what they all wanted), and moved the gcc version
check as well into qemu.bbclass. I'm doing a couple of builds now to
make sure I didn't break the uses qemu logic and then I'll make sure the
assume provided stuff works, and post. Sorry / Thanks all!
Tom Rini <tom_rini at mentor.com>
Mentor Graphics Corporation
More information about the Openembedded-devel