[OE-core] [master][PATCH v5 0/3] Devtool: provide easy means of reconfiguring
Sai Hari Chandana Kalluri
chandana.kalluri at xilinx.com
Wed Jul 10 18:27:31 UTC 2019
This patch series provides support for the user to run menuconfig command in the
devtool flow. This would allow the user to modify the current configurations and
generate a config fragment to update the recipe using devtool finish. Devtool
menuconfig command will work on all packages that contain menuconfig as a task.
1. The implementation checks if devtool menuconfig command is called for a valid
2. It checks for oe-local-files dir within source and creates one if
needed, this directory is needed to store the final generated config fragment so
that devtool finish can update the recipe.
3. Menuconfig command is called for users to make necessary changes. After
saving the changes, diffconfig command is run to generate the fragment.
Currently, when the user runs devtool modify command, it checks out the entire
source tree which is a bit of an over head in time and space. This patch series
also provides a way to create a copy(hard links) of the kernel source, if
present, from work-shared to workspace to be more efficient .
Also, if the kernel source is not present in the staging kernel dir and the user
fetches the source tree in workspace using devtool modify, then this patch
series creates a copy of source from workspace to work-shared. This is
necessary for packages that may use the kernel source.
1. Add a check to verify the set kernel version by user and kernel version
present in work-shared before creating hard links to workspace.
2. Add a check to verify the set kernel version by user and kernel version
present in workspace do not match, when placing a copy of kernel-source
from workspace to work-shared.
1. Use oe.path.copyhardlinktree() to create copy of source from work-shared to
2. Split all the changes into appropriate patches. Move all
menuconfig command specific changes under devtool menuconfig command patch
1. create a new function that implements the creation of symbolic links for
oe-local-files to workspace within _extract_sourcei(). This avoids code duplication
and allows the function to be reused within devtool modify when copying source from
work-shared to devtool workspace.
2. use check_workspace_recipe() within menuconfig.py
1. test against devtool oe-selftests and add missing function imports
2. rename function name from symblink_oelocal_files_srctree to symlink_oelocal_files_srctree
3. fix indendation
Sai Hari Chandana Kalluri (3):
devtool/standard.py: Update devtool modify to copy source from
work-shared if its already downloaded
devtool/standard.py: Create a copy of kernel source within work-shared
if not present
devtool: provide support for devtool menuconfig command
scripts/lib/devtool/menuconfig.py | 79 ++++++++++++++++++++
scripts/lib/devtool/standard.py | 147 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
2 files changed, 202 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 scripts/lib/devtool/menuconfig.py
More information about the Openembedded-core