[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW08'19
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:00:30 UTC 2019
Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M3
Next Deadline: YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff is Feb. 25, 2019
SWAT Team Rotation:
* SWAT lead is currently: Amanda
* SWAT team rotation: Amanda -> Ross on Feb. 22, 2019
* SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Chen on Mar. 1, 2019
* YP 2.7 M2 rc2 is in QA and 94% complete. See:
* YP M2 rc1 had major problems in perl as fallout from the perl
upgrade and switch to perl-cross. We've therefore built an rc2 based on a
more recent master.
* The project is considering moving its mailing list hosting to
groups.io, if anyone has any experience of that, positive or negative please
let Michael, Nico and Richard know. Note that google has made further
significant changes to its mail processing at the detriment to mailing
* RDEPENDS handling in native recipes had a significant change, fixing
some long standing bugs but also needing some circular dependencies to be
fixed. The change may impact other layers.
* Circular dependency debugging from bitbake was fixed and should no
longer hang, another long standing issue which when fixed, allowed the
native RDEPENDS to be debugged and fixed.
* The default compiler path mappings were enhanced and should now also
cover macro files.
* There is major work/review going on for "resulttool" with a view to
using this for QAing M3.
* A new round of AUH (Automatic upgrade Helper) patches has been sent,
thanks to everyone who's processed and responded to those! It was able to
upgrade around half the recipes needing upgrading.
Planned Releases for YP 2.7:
* YP 2.7 M2 is in QA for rc2.
* YP 2.7 M2 Release Target is Feb. 1, 2019
* YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff is Feb. 25, 2019
* YP 2.7 M3 Release Target is Mar. 8, 2019
* YP 2.7 M4 Cutoff is Apr. 1, 2019
* YP 2.7 M4 Release Target is Apr. 26, 2019
Planned upcoming dot releases:
* YP 2.5.3 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M2 is done.
* YP 2.5.4 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M4 is done.
* YP 2.6.2 (Thud) will be targeted after YP 2.5.4 is done.
* WDD 2392 (last week 2353) (
* Poky Patch Metrics
* Total patches found: 1527 (last week 1527
* Patches in the Pending State: 663 (43%) [last week 663 (43%)]
Key Status Links for YP:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Project Manager
* Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openembedded-core