[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW07'19
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:10:21 UTC 2019
Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M3
Next Deadline: YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff is Feb. 25, 2019
SWAT Team Rotation:
* SWAT lead is currently: Paul
* SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross on Feb. 15, 2019
* SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Amanda on Feb. 22, 2019
* YP M2 rc1 had major problems in perl as fallout from the perl
upgrade and switch to perl-cross. We've therefore built an rc2 based on a
more recent master.
* The python upgrade to 3.7 merged, thanks to AlexK for his hard work
on this. It means all of the major components in OE-Core are finally up to
date (many minor versions are still adrift).
* Major util-linux changes have just merged which should hopefully
allow easier long term maintenance of this recipe (all binaries now have
their own package, this recipe kept being split up)
* Build performance tests on the autobuilder have been improved and
builds now have automated result comparisons, e.g.:
(Thanks to Markus for a lot of the underlying code/work)
* Build performance can now compare master to master-next test builds
* We continue to need help with ptest, both on the tests themselves
and on the results reporting. The intent is to have something similar to the
build performance pieces above.
* The recipe reporting system integration with the layer index is
available at: <https://layers.openembedded.org/rrs/recipes/OE-Core/2.7/M3/>
https://layers.openembedded.org/rrs/recipes/OE-Core/2.7/M3/ and the
historical data has now been imported.
* The project is considering moving its mailing list hosting to
groups.io, if anyone has any experience of that, positive or negative please
let Michael, Nico and Richard know. Note that google has made further
significant changes to its mail processing at the detriment to mailing
* If anyone has feedback about the maintainers/recipe upgrade
processes or how to attract new recipe maintainers, please talk to Richard
Purdie / Ross Burton
Planned Releases for YP 2.7:
* YP 2.7 M2 is being rebuilt and will go back to QA for rc2.
* YP 2.7 M2 Release Target is Feb. 1, 2019
* YP 2.7 M3 Cutoff is Feb. 25, 2019
* YP 2.7 M3 Release Target is Mar. 8, 2019
* YP 2.7 M4 Cutoff is Apr. 1, 2019
* YP 2.7 M4 Release Target is Apr. 26, 2019
Planned upcoming dot releases:
* YP 2.5.3 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M2 is done.
* YP 2.5.4 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.7 M4 is done.
* YP 2.6.2 (Thud) will be targeted after YP 2.5.4 is done.
* WDD 2353 (last week 2356) (
* Poky Patch Metrics
* Total patches found: 1527 (last week 1572
* Patches in the Pending State: 663 (43%) [last week 678 (43%)]
Key Status Links for YP:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Project Manager
* Cell: (208) 244-4460
* Email: sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
<mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openembedded-core