[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW06’18
Jolley, Stephen K
stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Mon Feb 5 15:58:56 UTC 2018
Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M3 development
Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M3 cut off was 2/19/18
SWAT team rotation: Juro -> Paul on Feb. 2, 2018.
SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Tracy on Feb. 9, 2018.
· YP 2.5 M2 has been built and is pending QA. The M2 milestone contains the linux-yocto kernel backports and gcc upgrade for the spectre and meltdown security issues.
· YP 2.2.3 is mostly through QA, some issues have been identified with newer host distro releases; however, these are likely something we’d address with 2.2.4.
· autobuilder.yoctoproject.org continues to be unavailable as we continue to develop the new autobuilder codebase to replace the current heavily customized buildbot one.
· There are some changes to runqueue in bitbake about to land (currently in -next) which bring some risk of dependency problems in recrdeptask and recideptask handling, it's worth keeping in mind if task dependencies issues appear shortly after those merge.
Planned upcoming dot releases:
YP 2.4.2 (Rocko) will be built shortly, once there is QA bandwidth available.
YP 2.3.4 (Pyro) will be built when a stable version of the spectre/meltdown patches are ready.
YP 2.2.3 (Morty) rc2 is in QA, see https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status. This will not contain the spectre/meltdown patches as they’re not ready yet.
Key YP 2.5 Dates are:
YP 2.5 M2 cut off is past, it is in QA.
YP 2.5 M2 release of 1/26/18
YP 2.5 M3 cut off of 2/19/18
YP 2.5 M3 release of 3/2/18
YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18
YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18
Tracking Metrics: WDD 2638 (last week 2630) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
Key Status Links for YP:
The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status
[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]
Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
• Work Telephone: (503) 712-0534
• Cell: (208) 244-4460
• Email: stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openembedded-core