[OE-core] gst-plugins-bad and EXTRA_OECONF

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:20:40 UTC 2013

2013/2/27 Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net>:
> On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 16:09 +0000, Burton, Ross wrote:
>> On 26 February 2013 08:57, Samuel Stirtzel <s.stirtzel at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> > This is caused by sdl-config from my buildhost, though gst-plugins-bad
>> > has EXTRA_OECONF += "... --disable-sdl ... --disable-orc"
>>
>> I tried replicating by bitbaking libsdl and then gst-plugins-bad, but
>> it still disabled the SDL plugins.  What version of oe-core are you
>> using, and do you have any other layers that could be involved?
>
> I know angstrom overrides the OE-core recipes to enable or and other
> plugins:
>
> [koen at rrMBP meta-angstrom]$ cat
> recipes-tweaks/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad_0.10.23.bbappend
> PRINC := "${@int(PRINC) + 2}"
> DEPENDS += "orc orc-native"
> EXTRA_OECONF =  "--disable-directfb --disable-examples --disable-vdpau
> --disable-apexsink --enable-experimental --enable-orc"

Seems like I missed the missing "--disable-sdl",
should I send a patch that adds libsdl to the DEPENDS of this
.bbappend? Or would you prefer a "--disable-sdl" here?

This issue was a bit irritating, since I built the same image for some
time now and suddenly it breaks without any changes in the related .bb
or .bbappend...

--
Regards
Samuel