[OE-core] Error running QEMU with oe-core / angstrom console-image, hwclock: can't open '/dev/misc/rtc' : No such file or directory

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:52:07 UTC 2011

On 08/02/2011 11:18 PM, Samuel Stirtzel wrote:
> Hi,
> well I never thought this would work out, but after adding "-o rw" to
> the -append parameters the system started and the login prompt
> appeared.
>
> So this problem is solved, for completenes I append my used command
> line to start qemu:
>
> qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -m 128 -kernel
> /var/oe-core/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/qemuarm/zImage-qemuarm.bin -hda
> /var/oe-core/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/qemuarm/console-image-qemuarm.ext2
> -append "root=/dev/sda -o rw"

There is a smart script in scripts/ dir that you could use something
like this

runqemu /var/oe-core/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/qemuarm/zImage-qemuarm.bin
/var/oe-core/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/qemuarm/console-image-qemuarm.ext2

and it will setup everything (even networking) for you

make sure that its run in shell where you have sourced setup environment
of either oe-core or angstrom
Hope that helps

-Khem